PLEASE NOTE: Probably the map will not be shown in the current version. Please see here.
GeoSetter is a freeware tool for Windows (XP or higher) for showing and changing geo data and other metadata (IPTC/XMP/Exif) of image files (e.g. images taken by digital cameras).
The current version is 3.4.16, released on 1. February 2011 (see changes)
- Reads and writes the formats JPEG and TIFF as well as camera RAW formats DNG (Adobe), CRW, CR2 and THM (Canon), NEF and NRW (Nikon), MRW (Konica Minolta), PEF (Pentax), ORF (Olympus), ARW, SR2, SRF (Sony) and RAF (Fujifilm), RW2 and RAW (Panasonic), RWL (Leica)
- Uses ExifTool from Phil Harvey for writing data
- Shows existing geo coordinates, image directions and tracks on embedded Google Maps map (requires internet connection)
- Setting geo data by using embedded Google Maps map (requires internet connection) or by entering known values for coordinates and altitude directly
- Automatic filling of location IPTC fields and altitude values (requires internet connection)
- Editable IPTC data (IPTC-NAA/XMP)
- Possibilty to change taken date of images
- Synchronization with track files (NMEA, GPX, PLT, Sony LOG, IGC and others)
- Synchronization with already geo tagged images with buddy images (e.g. between RAW images and their corresponding JPEG images)
- Google Earth export
- Synchronization with locr.com
- Localizable user interface – English, German, French, Italian, Swedish, Czech, Spanish, Danish, Dutch, Russian, Japanese, Chinese and Norwegian language is available at the moment